Sunday, May 12, 2002

Sometimes I don't know how to ask for help. I can get trapped inside my
pain. Some nameless thing seems to tear at my insides. I freeze, thinking
that if I don't move, it will go away. So I don't ask, I don't talk, and
the pain grows. Does my face look calm? Don't be fooled. I'm just afraid
to let you see the truth. You might think I'm foolish or weak. You might
reject me. So I don't talk, and the pain remains. But I listen. And
through other people God does for me what I can't do for myself. One of the
miracles I have found is that help often comes when I most need it. When I
can't bring myself to reach out for help, it sometimes comes to me. When I
don't know what to say, I am given the words I require. And when I share
what is in my heart, I may be giving a voice to someone who cannot find his
own. Today I have God who knows my needs. As I walk, God is walking with me.
--author unknown to me

No comments: